Monday 2 December 2013

Day 2: Elsinore


Take off eh?! Day 2 is a little piece of Canadiana brewing goodness.

The Story:
Elsinore is a strange brew--it's not quite a pilsner but not just a lager.  Debuting in June of 2013 it's inspired by Strange Brew, a cult-classic featuring legendary characters Bob and Doug McKenzie.  Just like the boys this beer is full of character and a whole lot of fun.  Check out Bob and Doug's 12 Days of Christmas. Beauty.

Tasting Notes:
Brewed in small batches right here in the Great White North, Elsinore pours a pale straw colour with a medium white head. Flavours of light citrus and sweet grasses highlight this cold-fermented and lightly hopped brew, that’s clean through the body and finishes dry.

The Package:
Elsinore is available in 6 pack 341mL bottles year round...and finds itself as the occassional special guest in the Showcase Mixed Packs.


5 comments:

  1. Great flavour, clean finish. More please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 2: Phillips Snowcase: Elsinore
    After a strong showing of Day one I was looking forward to see what Day 2 had. Now understand I have lived in Victoria for most of my life so getting this pack in Calgary has been monumental for me!
    I never have had the Elsinore before and I was looking forward to this, was being the word, since I got to try it.
    I did like it, but it wasn’t anything spectacular. Good head on it with the first pour and a nice light golden colour, it looked to be quite a beer. First smell really didn’t have much to it, you could smell more of a malt to it even though it was light in colour, it did have a hint of citrus in it. On first taste is didn’t grab my taste buds, but it did have a bit of a flavor to it, granted I couldn’t really tell what kind of flavor it had. I then got more of a pilsner flavor to it and it just didn’t have much of a special taste. Over all it was good I would get drunk off of it and I probably would buy this again. I don’t know if I need to mention the labeling but every Phillips I have come across has some great labeling and this was up there with it.
    So day 2 continues with some good stuff. Onto day three to see what is in there for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i had this from a phillips showcase i wasn't to impressed. however, this time i thought it tasted awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elsinore is another one of those beers that I feel is under-appreciated. The packaging bears no description of what lies ahead, but I believe it to be a great North West Lager. Im glad this beer is on the shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob and Doug would be proud of this easy drinking lager eh. So grab a couple packs of these and play beer hunter with your fellow hosers eh!

    ReplyDelete