Sunday 1 December 2013

Day 1: Amnesiac Double IPA


Welcome to the party!! We wanted to hit the ground running (or sledding depending on where you are) and decided to kick things off with our Double IPA beast: Amnesiac. 


 
 
The Story:
Beyond the cave of Hypnos and up the river of forgetfulness, you will find our original IPA’s big gnarly brother.  This is a beer after our own hop-heavy hearts and a brewery favourite ever since it debuted back in 2005. Pop the top and enjoy the hop! 

Tasting Notes:
"Pours a golden hay colour with a thick creamy head. Aromas of pine and citrus are very bold with lingering floral notes. A big pink grapefruit hoppy flavour with candy-sweet undertones finishes with a lingering warm bitterness."

The Package:
Amnesiac Double IPA is available year-round in 650mL bottles.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! What a way to start! I thought you were going to ease us in, but nope! BAMM! Hop fix first day. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the one I feared and was glad to get it over with, but surprise, I actually really enjoyed all the hoppiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above comment - glad to get this one out of the way and, ironically enough, I've forgotten it already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the Snowcase I will be doing written reviews on the beers So here is Day One:

    So I have the Phillips Advent Beer Calendar as well and I would just like to do short write ups on this beer here no videos. So Day 1 had the Amnesiac double IPA, which is a 8.5%. I have seen this one on the shelves for a few years so it is nothing new. It honestly is Good for IPA Has a strong bitter flavour and is a light cloudy colour with little to no head when you pour it. It seems to be up there in taste but has a bite to it for a after taste which kills anything if you are eating any food that maybe sweet. It is a beer that I enjoyed and drank rather quickly. I can see myself getting drunk off of it and probably buying it again. So Phillips is of to a decent start. Hopefully Day 2 keeps up the pace. - PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to start off the Snowcase! One of my favourite and most-savoured of your beers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a big IPA fan, but this is so smooth I'd almost forget it was an IPA. Amnesiac!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite IPA's, I really enjoy the floral and citrusy aroma with the clean crisp flavor's. Simply amazing, with plenty of hops and grapefruit. delicious!

    ReplyDelete